The Parkersburg Plumbers JAC of the Plumbers and Steamfitters Local 565 will be actively distributing applications for their apprenticeship program during the dates and times as shown. You or someone you know may pick up an application and/or drop off a completed application as long as all of the required documents are included. Completed applications must be dropped off during the scheduled times as shown. Absolutely NO applications will be distributed or accepted outside of the given time frame.
There is a 2-stage process for possible entry into our apprenticeship program beginning with taking a general aptitude and math test administered by the WV Job and Family Services Department in Parkersburg, WV. Upon obtaining a minimum score on these tests, you would be scheduled for an interview. Successful candidates would be selected based on the results of the interview.
These are the minimum requirements for a candidate to be eligible:
- You may be 17 years of age during application but you must be a minimum of 18 years of age when registered for Apprenticeship, if selected.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must include official H.S. transcript
- College Transcripts (if applicable)
- Valid driver’s license
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of DD-214 if in the military
- Must reside in one of the following WV counties:
- Wood, Wirt, Pleasants, Jackson, Tyler, Calhoun, Ritchie
- OR must reside in one of the following OH counties:
- Washington, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan (South of Rt. 78)
- IMPORTANT: Please
include the following documentation with your
application if applicable:
- Documented evidence of training/education or experience in any of the following fields: HVAC, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Welding or Instrumentation. Include copies of any documents such as certificates, diplomas, resumes or certifications which could be used to prove the training or experience. Please include the approximate dates of the training or experience. You may also include any letters of recommendation.
- You or someone you know may pick up an application or drop off a completed application.
- You will be notified by mail as to whether or not you will need to take the TABE test which is administered by the WV Job and Family Services. This letter will also contain the date and time of your test if applicable.
- You will also be notified in a separate mailing as to whether or not you are scheduled for an interview. This letter will also contain the date and time of the interview if applicable.